The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating all warehouse activity on a daily, shift or team basis. Responsible for leading or supervising the receiving, storage, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Coordinating all warehouse activity on a daily, shift or team basis.
* Leading or supervising the receiving, storage, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
* Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are completed properly.
* Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in leading, supervising, coaching and disciplining associates.
* Supervise checking and unloading of inbound shipments.
* Orderly stacking of product and picking.
* Staging of outbound shipments in accordance with high level of efficiency.
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork.
* Ensuring that all product is properly counted.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are complete and free of damage.
* Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Compute and analyze daily, weekly efficiency metrics.
* Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts.
* Ensure the optimal utilization of space.
* Rotate product as appropriate.
* Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment.
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining warehouse security and sanitation.
* Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
* Act as a liaison between employees and management.
* Reporting to this position is Forklift Operators, Laborers, and Porters.
* Education (preferred level): High School Diploma, college degree a plus.
* Experience (minimum level of direct experience in a similar position): 3 years
* Requires good supervisory and communication skills
* Familiarity with personal computers and material handling equipment is essential* Strong decision-making and coaching skills